Friday, March 4, 2011

Just totaling January and February Savings :)

Ok, just a quick show of how big of a help using coupons and sales can be to your grocery budget here are my January and February before and after totals.

January I bought $603.99 worth of groceries and cleaning supplies. I only paid $256.40 out of pocket giving me a total savings of $347.59.  I'm not certain but there may have been a couple of trips that I didn't blog about so that month might be off a tad.

In February I bought $976.62 worth of groceries and cleaning supplies. I only paid $401.18 out of pocket giving me a total savings of $575.44.

Now I'm sure there were a few quick runs to the store for basics like a gallon of milk or bread, but that's to be expected around here!  Each month I'm planning on totaling my before and after shopping trips so that at the end of the year I can see just what I've saved my family. I'm pretty excited about the totals I've already saved for the first two months of 2011 and can't wait to see that end of the year total!

Just to show the 2 months together : Total before : $1580.61  Total After: $657.58 Savings of $923.03
That's a 58.4% savings for the first 2 months of 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment